Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Getting To Know You Day

Every month I will be doing a "themed" day. I invite parents to come in and participate in stations and activities for the day. As I do not need parent volunteers during my day, I found that this is a great way to have my first grade families come and spend time in our classroom. This months theme was Getting To Know You. We did activities that were based around getting to know our classmates. Our kiddos did a friend scavenger hunt , made class friendship bracelets (each bead represented something about ourselves), wrote what we were a leader in (we can look at our leader board if we need help from a friend) , and pulled names to make a paper plate portrait of a friend.Thank you to my parent helpers. We could not have had such a successful day without you.

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a photo collage

No comments: