Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Unfinished Business

YIKES! I know I never wrapped up the school year with an end of the year post AND now we have already embarked on a new school year. I do want to say how proud I am of my students and look forward to seeing them all flourish as 2nd graders. I am lucky enough to have the opportunity to loop with almost half of my class and can't wait to join them at the end of November as their 2nd grade teacher. Until then I have the privilege to share my class with an amazing teacher, colleague, business partner (workwives.blogspot.com) and friend. Mrs. Diane Taylor will be starting off our school year with our 2nd graders and then will go off on her maternity leave in November :o)

So to recap ~ In just a few months...

 * we ended a wonderful, successful and productive year with many wrap up activities including a day of outdoor fun - our annual Byron-Bergen Olympic Day. Each classroom represented a different country. In honor of my family we represented Egypt. Our class participated in many relay events and just had some well deserved Fun In The SUN.




 * I had my baby girl (and am currently on maternity leave)
Lena Rose was born on August 22 and has brought our entire family so much joy. 
Miles loves his "sissy"
Bringing home our baby girl
Happy in polka dots

  

* Our Byron-Bergen community has welcomed a new principal

* Faculty and Staff embraced many building level changes and I look forward to joining them all (as a 2nd grade teacher) in November 

 In the upcoming weeks I keep posting with news from our classroom via Mrs. Taylor.
 So lastly ~
WELCOME TO OUR AMAZING SECOND GRADERS 
This is going to be a fantastic year!! 
 
 

No comments: