Monday, August 22, 2011

Meet The Teacher Monday!

Hello fellow Byron-Bergen Families, Friends and Bloggers. I have linked up today with 
Blog Hoppin' hoping to connect with educators. Today is Meet the Teacher Monday so here is a bit about myself...

This is my sixth year of teaching here at Byron-Bergen (located in Western, NY) and my 3rd year teaching First Grade. I received my undergraduate degree in English from the University at Buffalo and my Masters degree in Elementary and Special Education from Roberts Wesleyan. My husband and I have been married for almost 2 years just welcomed our first baby, Miles, in April. We also have 2 dogs, Oscar & Zoey, that I often use as inspiration during Writer's Workshop :o)

 I have many hobbies that I love to incorporate in my classroom. I am a self proclaimed book worm and love showing my students that I enjoy to read. This will come into play during our Daily Five and C.A.F.E time. This is a structure that helps students develop the daily habits of reading, writing, and working independently that will lead to a lifetime of literacy independence. 
My love for music and my curiosity for new technology is a large part of our classroom environment. We use our SMART board(an interactive white board) , Smart Response Clickers , SMART Table, ipods and a classroom ipad pretty much everyday. We also have laptops for each student to use. I also have been wanting to SKYPE with classrooms all over our country and around the world. Please click on the About Us link at the top of the page for more information. I look forward to adding more pages to this blog. This year I will be posting student work and I would like each of my students to post on their own page. If you know an easy way to do this please let me know. I will also be adding a teacher page where I will post pictures, share lessons/ideas and useful items. I hope that you will find this blog useful , helpful and as entertaining as I have found some of yours to be. 
Best Wishes for a Successful 2011-2012 School Year!  


No comments: